Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day to Night Makeup

So, apparently I've been doing it all wrong. Nighttime makeup that is. This is the type of thing you learn when you work at a hair salon. You see, there's not much variation in my day time makeup verses my nighttime makeup. Maybe a little bit thicker liner, but hey I'm a simple girl. It doesn't take much to please me.

But you know what? I love a good smokey eye just as much as the next girl. And although, it's not something I would wear during the day. I can rock that look at night like no other.

Here are some tips that I have picked up about day verses night makeup:

Day:
  • Keep it simple. That doesn't mean no makeup, but less is more during the day.
  • Only do baby wings on your winged-out liner.
  • Don't forget your bronzer!
  • Shimmery eyeshadows are a great way to still have fun with your makeup during the daytime.
  • Stick to lighter, earthier tones.
Jane Iredale Eyeshadow Kit


Night:
  • This is when you can be as dramatic as you want. Do a smokey eye, put on that red lipstick. Just have fun!
  • This is when your matte eyeshadows come in handy.
  • For blush, stick to pinker colors.
  •  Jewel tones make great nighttime eyeshadows.
Jane Iredale Nighttime Eyeshadow Kit


What are your daytime and nighttime looks? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!