Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good Hair Day, Every Day

When I flip through the pages of celebrity magazines, all I can think is, "does she really look that good everyday?" And then I cry myself to sleep, because, yeah, she probably does look that good everyday.

Then I snap back to reality and remember that all those celebrities have full time hair and makeup artists to make them look that way and I think, "HA! When I look good, it's because I did it all by myself!" Small wins, my friends, small wins.

As you get older I think that you learn tricks to have a good hair day everyday. Granted, of course there are always days when your hair just doesn't want to do anything, we'll just call those the dark days.

dark days for sure


Here are your steps to success:

  • The biggest tip I can give you is to work with what you've got. If you're hair is just laying flat, then pull it back in a sleek pony. If you can't seem to get rid of that sleepy-head-bump (an actual term, thank you) then curl your hair and wear it big. Don't try to force your hair into something, instead let your hair guide you. 
  • Figure out your best shampoo cycle. I always shampoo at night, then wear it for two whole days before I wash again. For example: I wash on Monday, wear on Tuesday and Wednesday, then wash on Wednesday night. I love the way my hair looks after I sleep on it, but maybe you don't. So wash it in the morning instead. 
  • Try new techniques or ways to wear it. The other day I was playing with a coworkers hair and pulled it back into this super simple updo. She said she didn't think she looked good in an updo, but totally changed her mind after I showed her how it could look. There are a thousand tutorials online for different things to do. You can check out our tutorials here. 
  • Own it. That is pretty much with everything. Remember that time Bjork wore a swan dress to the Academy Awards? Well it was a bit out there, but she owned it. So if you've got messy bed-head, then own your messy bed-head girl!

So try some of these things out next time you look in the mirror and think, oh no, not one of those days.

3 comments:

Thank you!