Tuesday, April 10, 2012

How To Tuesday: Curling Your Lashes (Without Wanting To Cry)

Very carefully. That's all the advice I've got for you today.


Aw, I'm just kidding. Curling your lashes is tricky business though. I hardly ever curl my lashes due to the fact that I want to cry every time. But fear not, I'm here to help both you and me.


See how happy she is now that she's not crying anymore.

First off, you need to know that there are a couple of different types of curlers.

  • metal
  • plastic
For our purposes, I'm going to tell you to always use metal. So just forget about the plastic. In fact...there is only one type of curler.

  • metal


Next off, you should always start with clean eyelashes. That means no mascara on them. This is where I always messed up. Mascara on lashes = crying during curling. No mascara = better chance of no crying.

Now, let's curl some lashes.

  1. Warm up your curler just a bit by running your blowdryer over it. Somewhere between 10-15 seconds. Test out the metal first by touching it. If it's too hot, let it cool down. Don't burn your eyelid y'all.
  2. Start close to the root of your lashes, and clamp down, but be careful to not clamp your eyelid. There's debate on how long to hold it closed, but I'd say between 5-10 seconds.
  3. You can curl again in the middle of the lash, and close to the tip.
  4. Mascara.
  5. Repeat on other eye.


And now you know how to curl your lashes without wanting to cry. Let me know how it goes.





photo 1

1 comment:


  1. اعالى الخليج تقدم افضل نقل للعفش و الاغراض من الرياض الى الاردن و عمان

    نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!