Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Truth About Oily Skin

It sucks.

That is all.

Okay, okay. I'll tell you  more.

The oil on your face is caused by sebaceous (suh-bay-cious) glands. It's when those glands become over-active that you start to see too much oil. It's a natural healthy lubricant for your skin, but I know from experience that too much can be a bad thing.

Although, the plus side is that typically because your skin is constantly being lubricated, oily skin tends to wrinkle less. So that's a plus.

But sometimes it seems like the downside of clogged pores, blackheads, and build up don't really makeup for that. So here are a few tips to help in that time need.


  • wash your face. I know it may seem silly to say, but oily skin gets oilier when it's not washed. I have to wash my twice a day or I'm a greaseball. 
  • moisturize. It's not counter productive. Your oily skin could be because your skin isn't getting enough moisture, so your glands are producing the oil at a faster rate, thus making you oily. But make sure you use a oil-free moisturize.
  • mattify. I use two types of mattifiers. One in a primer, and then one over my makeup. The oil on my skin makes my makeup come off faster than other people's, so I use a mattifier to soak it up and help my makeup stay all day.
  • hands off! Don't touch your face. It just doesn't help. 
  • drink water! Again with the hydrating. 


Do you have oily skin? What do you do to help combat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!