Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tall Women and Other Beautiful Traits




I just wanted to take a moment to talk about what makes us beautiful.

Last night I was watching the gold medal women's beach volleyball match between Misty May-Treanor/ Kerri Walsh-Jennings and Jen Kessy/ April Ross. (congrats to the reigning champions for winning!) I heard them say that Kerri Walsh was 6'3". I knew she was tall, but 6'3"? That's taller than my dad.

I got to thinking about how when she was younger she was probably teased for her height. But the beautiful thing is that she embraced it, became the world's best beach volleyball blocker--something that requires height. She embraced it. 


It's a lesson that all women (and men!) can learn from. Even if there is something that might make you stand out or cause you to get teased for...embrace it, because you're beautiful! You never know...you could be the next Olympic gold medalist.


What trait are you embracing today?

3 comments:

  1. Best to wear a sports bra with zipper, if you do not wear a bra, Games for supporting breast ligaments damage, the site is easy to cause breast pain, and chest bigger, the higher the chance of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your article, I feel this sport bra is also good, but do not know where to wholesale sports bras, please give me a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!